The know-how achieved from more than 2,000 realised automotive projects, means that SONOTRONIC is one of the top producers in the market. We develop and produce customised special machines for joining and punching individual components for the exteriors and interiors.
As a global player we are market leaders in the automotive industry in the field of ultrasonic plastics processing. We offer individual, customised solutions to welding and punching problems, from standard machines for small series production and special machines for high-speed series production through to fully automatic, flexible production lines.
We use innovative ultrasonic technologies for processing thermoplastics, such as PP, PP-EPDM, PC/ABS, PC/PBT or composite materials, such as textile/PUR, slush/PUR/ABS, infrared and hot plate technologies for special tasks.
We have already developed and produced machines for various applications on behalf of our customers, in more than 2,000 individual projects, such as:
- Punching holes in bumpers, with gluing or welding of dog clips, for parking sensors, headlight cleaning systems, side markers and tow bars.
- Welding of wheel arch panels, underbody linings or headlight glass
- Surface welding of natural fibre fleece to load floor panels
- Cutting and welding of filter fleece on plastic mandrels of variable diameters and lengths
- Welding air ducts
- Welding and punching door panels
- Punching holes for windstops, door openers, window winders, access lights, navigation modules
- Welding textile inserts, rear panels of glove compartments and suspension bars in door panels
- Welding instrument clusters
- Welding top and bottom sections of glove compartments using thermal contact
- Punching and cutting airbags
- Thermofixing, punching and cutting-to-length of various belts
Ultrasonic technology is characterised by outstanding properties, such as short processing times, low energy consumption or reproducibility of the weld or punch. Moreover, it is possible to process high quality plastics, as are frequently used in the automotive industry, efficiently and extremely carefully.
Once ultrasonic welding machines proved themselves for various applications in the automotive industry, SONOTRONIC also applied the advantages of ultrasound to punching, thereby creating new potential. Maximum punching quality is achieved with the patented method, using ultrasonic technology, whilst retaining flexibility.
Worldwide service and sales
Because we have a worldwide service and sales network, we are always available and can react quickly and flexibly to your enquiries and requests. We look after you from the moment you present your initial idea and we offer you high quality advice based on our long experience. We provide non-binding consultancy and practical tests in order to find solutions to your individual applications. We would be pleased to invite you to informative discussions or practical demonstrations or to visit you at your premises.